¡Hablamos Español!


Robert Nye is an exceptional lawyer with absolute integrity and honor.

-Consuelo K.

Mr. Maines made me feel like I was his first priority.

-Bane V.

Mr. Nye has gone far above and beyond my expectations.

-Kytra M.

Bluffton Veterans’ Disability Lawyer

It is always tragic when veterans return home with permanent disabilities and other chronic health problems. It is almost as tragic that veterans have to go through a complex, arduous process to obtain disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Fortunately, veterans can seek help from a reputable Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyer to obtain the benefits they and their families need to attempt to move forward.

Our Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyers always put the best interests of our clients first and will guide you through every step of the process for securing disability benefits.

All of our clients are entitled to a free initial consultation to discuss their situation and find out how a qualified attorney can help them.

Call our Bluffton attorneys at 855-856-4212.

Common Disabilities That Qualify for Benefits

There is a long list of conditions and medical issues that qualify veterans for disability benefits. These are some of the most common:

  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
  • Amputations
  • Hearing loss
  • Eye injuries
  • Gulf War Syndrome
  • Exposure to chemicals, such as Agent Orange
  • Back injuries

In order to obtain disability benefits for these and other conditions, veterans must show that the disability is directly related to their service in the armed forces. However, some conditions do not cause symptoms for months or years after a veteran’s service has ended, making it very difficult to show a connection between a veteran’s service and his or her health problems.

That is why you need a Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyer to help you compile the right documentation.Our attorneys have an extreme attention to detail because small errors can doom an otherwise flawless application.

We have many years of experience going through this process and we are prepared for every step, including filing an appeal if your initial application is denied.

Fill out a Free Case Evaluation form to find out if we can help you.

Upgrading Your Discharge

If you received an honorable discharge from the military, you should go ahead and apply for disability benefits. However, if you did not receive an honorable discharge, you may need to try to upgrade your discharge so you do not potentially limit the amount of benefits you receive.

The Discharge Review Board (DRB) has the authority to upgrade your discharge and even change the stated reason for your discharge. You need to file an Application for Review of Discharge, which you can get online or from your regional VA office or local Department of Defense installation.

Our Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyers can help make sure your application is as thorough as possible and offers strong reasons why your discharge was factually or legally incorrect or why your discharge was not consistent with policies of the service.

Contact our attorneys today by calling 855-856-4212.

VA Appeals Process

Unfortunately, if you have to appeal, it could take months or years to get through the process and obtain benefits. You start by filing a Notice of Disagreement to the Board of Veterans Appeals, and if that does not work you will have to file more forms and possibly have face-to-face meetings with VA officials.

You could seek assistance from a non-profit organization, but these organizations typically do not have the experience or the resources to help with an appeal. That is why you need help from a reputable lawyer.

A skilled attorney will make sure all of the necessary forms are filled out correctly and completely and are submitted on time. Your attorney can also represent you if your appeal requires meetings with VA officials to discuss your claim.

The Nye Law Group’s Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyers are prepared to counter the arguments and strategies employed by the VA to deny you benefits. We have been through this process enough times that we have a very good idea of what is coming.

Our priority is to do everything in our power to help you obtain maximum benefits for your disability or injury. You have provided a great service to our country and we want to do our part to help you in your life outside of the armed forces.

Call 855-856-4212 to learn how we can assist you.

Disability Ratings

The VA rates veterans’ disabilities on a scale from 10 percent to 100 percent disabled. Your disability rating determines the amount of benefits you will get. For example, if you are 30 percent disabled, you could receive additional compensation for your dependents.

Our Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyers will help you compile the right medical documentation showing the various ways that your disability affects your daily life and the activities you can and cannot perform.

You have enough on your plate with your injury or disability and trying to support your family. Our attorneys will gladly shoulder some of that burden.

We want you to have the financial support you need to help you build the best life possible given your health issues and the effect it has had on your life.

Complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.

Benefits for Surviving Family Members

The VA provides various benefits for family members of veterans who died because of an injury that happened during their time in the armed forces. These benefits include:

Parents’ Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: The VA provides this to parents of the service member who passed away, including biological, adoptive and foster parents.

Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: This is provided to spouses and children of the deceased veteran who meet specific criteria. For example, spouses can qualify if they were married to the service member or if they had a child with the veteran, did not get remarried and lived with the veteran until their death.

Children can qualify if they are not included on a surviving spouse’s application, are unmarried and are under 18 years old or between 18 and 23 years old and attending school.

Survivors Pension Benefit: This is also called the Death Pension. Spouses are eligible for this at any age, provided their family income is below the amount set by Congress and the deceased veteran’s service meets certain criteria.

Children qualify if they are under 18 years of age, or are attending a VA-approved school and are under 23 years old, or became disabled before turning 18 and are permanently incapable of supporting themselves.

Speak to one of our attorneys today to find out if you qualify for any of these benefits. Call 855-856-4212.

Military Retiree Benefits

If you retired from the military and also suffered an injury and became disabled during your service, you can receive disability compensation, in addition to your retirement benefits.

You could be eligible for one of these types of compensation depending on your disability rating:

  • Combat Related Special Compensation: This option is for military retirees who are less than 40 percent disabled. In this scenario, your retirement benefits are offset by your disability compensation.
  • Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay: You can receive all of the disability benefits you are eligible for in addition to your full retirement benefits. However, you must be 50 percent disabled or more.

Our Bluffton veterans’ disability lawyers can help you apply for whichever one of these two types of compensation you are eligible for.

Complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.

Contact Our Bluffton Veterans’ Disability Lawyers Right Now

It is extremely unfortunate that veterans have to go through such a complex process to obtain disability benefits. These brave individuals have put their lives on the line in service to our country and receiving support should not be such an ordeal.

While our disability lawyers cannot change the process, we know how to navigate through it so that you have the best chance of obtaining compensation.

We have a successful track record of helping veterans obtain disability compensation and we will bring all of our experience and knowledge to bear when we assist you.

Contact us today by calling 855-856-4212.



* All Fields Required

Or Call 912-200-5230

CONVENIENT LOCATIONS Throughout the Southeast

402 West Trade Street,
Suite 112
Charlotte, NC

704-285-6319 get directions

119 Southern Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31405

912-200-5230 get directions

402 West Trade Street,
Suite 112
Charlotte, NC

704-285-6319 get directions

119 Southern Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31405

912-200-5230 get directions
View all locations


* All Fields Required

Or Call 912-200-5230